Mothers Day Disaster 102


DEVILS FOOD CAKE

HISSY FIT UNDER CONTROL - SCOOPED UP CAKE


HISSY FIT MOMENT

DEVILS FOOD CAKE - from the Magnolia Bakery cookbook
Ok Ok I know what you thinking "it doesn't look THAT bad" but honestly as I watched it overflow making my oven dirty I wanted to cry!!! Mohapi looked at me like I was crazy! I was throwing a hissy fit!! Poor child, thought his mom was going insane, all he had to say was "WOW"
After I regrouped I scraped what had overflowed into a heap (see pix) and said a few hail marys and an our father for good measure!!!
From disaster to triumph, cake turned out lush!! I used galaxy chocolate in the icing and the cake itself! VERY CALORIFIC!!! THAT'S how I Like It!!! This cake melts in my mouth, I think its to do with the folding in of the beaten egg whites???!!!
VERDICT - SOFT, MOIST HEAVEN!!! (I've been called THAT hehehe) Then I wonder why my booty enters the room 5 minutes after I've entered!!!

2 comments: